Thursday, June 7, 2012

Blogging


The suggestion has been made that I start a blog about my vegetarianism.

Because, you know, you can never have too many vegetarians on the internet talking at length about their diet and lifestyle. People can’t get enough of it, and it absolutely doesn’t make anybody sick.

I know, I know, there are hundreds of vegetarian lifestyle blogs, promoting healthier living, healthier eating and ethical choices regarding animal rights, and the market seems full to the brim, but I honestly believe that I have a unique spin to put on the format.

My blog, you see, will be about MY vegetarian lifestyle.

In it, I’ll blog about my vegetarian diet, a diet made up largely of takeout pizza and convenience store snack food, owing to the fact that I’ve never bothered actually learning how to cook.

I’ll keep track of how much I smoke, and of how much I drink, both of which are animal-product exploitation free.

And I will, of course, sprinkle the blog liberally with jokes about eating kittens and the zombie apocalypse. And, on occasion, the zombie kitten apocalypse. Because sometimes you have to stick within your comfort zone, subject matter wise.

I think it’s going to be a huge success. By my own, private standards, I mean.

The blog begins tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for my first death threat from a more serious vegetarian to arrive within the first week…

4 comments:

  1. Well, this carnivore would certainly read your blog.
    As for death threats - well, when you get them, you know you have arrived

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think vegans are more likely to threaten you. They all seem so cranky. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I like the idea. The stats should make interesting reading.

    I hope you have comment moderation on that blog...

    And a big bolt on your door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, Steve beat me to it. +1 that, basically.

    ReplyDelete