Monday, August 29, 2011

Shrink (based on a prompt from 100 word stories)

...by the way, I've officially joined in on isfullofcrap's podcast, "100 word stories". Why have I done this? Because I enjoy the podcast in question very well, I'd not contributed this far, and I like opportunities to write stories short enough that I can write/record them in an afternoon. Thus, I'm IN so far as the weekly story prompt goes. My first went up today, and if you don't subscribe to the cast you ought. If you don't subscribe, here's the link...

http://podcasting.isfullofcrap.com/2011/08/28/weekly-challenge-279-shrink/

...if you STILL won't subscribe, here's the text of my own story:

Shrink
By Munsi


I’m having panic attacks again.

I can’t seem to shake the notion I’m becoming… smaller?

If that makes any sense.

I know, I know, of course I’m not. It’s just anxiety and the feeling I’m not properly respected in my work and home life. But in spite of that understanding I can’t shake the feeling that as more and more of my decisions are taken out of my control I’m actually… shrinking.

It’s crazy, isn’t it Doctor?

Doctor?

Can you even hear me?

No?

No, I suppose you wouldn’t be able to hear me, from all the way up there…

No comments:

Post a Comment