Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekly Prompt Story: Fingertips

http://podcasting.isfullofcrap.com/2011/12/18/weekly-challenge-295-fingerprints/

Fingerprints
By Chris Munroe

“Fingertipss have memories, mine can’t forget the curves of your body…” Harvey Danger sang, in one of the best pop songs of the nineties.

That song was everywhere, seemingly overnight, but as quickly as they came they vanished, making way for more traditionally commercial pop-punk bands.

They’re still around, I think, somewhere. Still recording music, but something about the band tied them too much to their time. They wouldn’t make sense to me in my current context.

I got old.

Still, with one perfect song, in one perfect moment, they left fingerprints all over an important part of my youth…

No comments:

Post a Comment