Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekly prompt Story: The View from my Window

Hey! I got so caught up in Nanoing I completely forgot my Sunday prompt story until 8 minutes before it was due! Seven minutes now! I better get that posted, eh?

http://podcasting.isfullofcrap.com/2011/11/13/weekly-challenge-290-what-is-the-first-thing-you-see-out-your-window/


The View From My Window
By Christopher Munroe

There’s screaming outside my apartment.

And as I listen from my chair, I’d swear it sounds like my neighbor.

Idiot. He knows when the sun sets, we all do. It’s why we instituted the curfew.

If he’s gone outside, what’s happening is his own damn fault.

I know that. Everyone does.

Still, hearing him screaming I can’t help feeling guilty.

I wish he’d stop.

He will soon.

I know I ought to at least try to help, but I can’t bring myself to go to my window and take a look into the street.

For fear of what I’d see…

1 comment: