Thursday, March 20, 2014

Willpower


I believe in myself.

I believe that I exist.

Moreover, I believe that I’m as young and strong as I ever was.

I mean I’m not, and a mountain of evidence exists to prove that simple fact, but you know what I mean. I may be growing older, everyone is, that’s the nature of time and of entropy and its effect on the fragile human form, but in spite of this I believe I can still BE young.

My body, after all, is nothing more than a vessel for my mind, a tool at my mind’s disposal. And my mind, however old my body becomes, is still young and strong.

And what it wants my body to do, my body will do.

It will.

I will bend it to my will, because my will is strong, and my body must be forced to obey.

I turned thirty-six this past Monday.

I celebrated this event Sunday night.

I can indeed still party like an eighteen year old.

And I did.

And it was fun.

And I will do so again, when the mood strikes me and circumstance demands it.

Because my mind is the boss of my body, and physical limits exist only so that they can be pushed, and overcome.

And because I believe in myself.

And partying like an eighteen year old is something I’m still very capable of.

Though WOW but I feel it the next morning nowadays…

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Yeah, that last line certainly sums it up. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shades of DeCartes meets Animal House. :D

    ReplyDelete