Thursday, June 9, 2011

Virginity

I lost my virginity during highschool, to a girl I thought I loved but now understand I barely knew at all.

She also thought she loved me. High schoolers think things, sometimes.

I don’t regret it, exactly, but I admit with hindsight I’d rather it’d been with someone I’d known better, when I was old enough to properly understand what I was getting into...

But I suppose that’s not important now. Point is: My virginity’s gone. I lost it, and however I regret the circumstances, what’s done can’t be undone, and I’ll never get it back.

So... may I have yours?

5 comments:

  1. one hopefully does not lose one's virginity, one give's it away. Be glad yours was not taken by force. Didn't Phoebe have something to say about the 'bonus virgin'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the ending, it made the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Helen. It did make the piece.

    I imagined him sitting in a car for some reason. A close up of his face as he talked about his experience and then when he gave his final request, I pictured looking at the front of the car and him sitting next to an innocent, unassuming pretty girl with a blank look. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a punch wrapped up in that last line. It changes the tone of the entire piece.

    Very smoothly done.

    ReplyDelete